At the moment, both Wikis share the users and the session cookies. What's about sharing the user pages (all pages prefixed by "USER:"). I'm not sure, if it is directly possible, but a frequently database copy is possible.
- I think it is a better idea to let users choose for themselves, most userpages are designed especially for MKW CTs, if they want another userpage here they can get it. But for now a default template holding the link to the userpage of the normal wiki is the best solution in my opinion.
- kHacker35000vr (talk) 21:37, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- I ran into a similar problem awhile back with profiles. The workaround was to 'hijack' the 'User:' namespace and set it and it's content to it's own database table (Which can be shared). The only issued lied within links - For instance, the link to GP Mario Beach on my profile at the Custom Mario Kart wiki doesn't link to the same place here. To work around this, I run a string-replace function based on the current URL (So if the user adds a link to their profile from Wiki1, the prefix for Wiki1 is added: [[Link]] becomes [[wiki1:Link]]). This profile system is heavily integrated with a toolset I've created (Including Blog and forum software, moderation system), I'd be happy to share it once it's complete. --SuperMario64DS (talk) 06:39, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- ...Though alternatively, you could host a 'central' wiki (A 'Meta' wiki, if you will) that's neither this 'MK8 Wiki' or 'Custom Mario Kart'. You could then 'hijack' the namespace like before and set it to redirect to the equivalent userpage on the 'meta' wiki. If Custom Mario Kart plans to further branch with future games, then such a system may be more prominent. --SuperMario64DS (talk) 06:51, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
I have added Interwiki links like the Wikipedia language links. This will change the semantics of the Interwiki links a little bit (see Sandbox).
The idea: similar articles in the other wiki are linked in the left column below the 'tools box'. If we want this, I try to replace the 'in other languages' text into 'in other Wikis'.
What do you think?
More cups dlc rumor?
It has been rumored someone hackers looked in the code and found
- There is already one Texture Hack and one CT is announced. This wiki is also used for technical information about the game files. -- Leseratte (talk) 14:36, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- I thinks that good idea but could make section like "Preview" or "Work in progress" tracks?
- It will give better idea who will make what, for example I have a track with large 3D model work and I would show it before it is possible to make it alive.
- Simply to give an idea to Chadderz/Bean that they didn't do that for nothing and probably motive them but also to let others help first CTs to be good with ideas etc.
- Thank you and if you need more details ;)
- -- Baoulettes (talk) 01:57, 7 February 2015 (UTC)